How hard was math Kent test 2017?

How hard was math Kent test 2017?

Postby Zara » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi,
My dd is so bright. Aways above excpected in every topic. I was shocked when she run out of time before answering 8 questions in math!, random guess for 3 of them and no guessing at all for 5 of them !!! She said that she started from bottom of the test to the top!!I asked her why, she said because I wanted to get over with the hard questions because I was so sure that I will answer the top easy questions at no time! Now she deeply regret it because she new that she wasted time 2 of bottom questions while she could use this time to answer all the top questions. Wrong decision made her panic! how hard was the math test?
Zara

Re: How hard was math Kent test 2017?

Postby tiffany » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi Zara,

Your poor daughter- it is so easy to make a mistake under time pressure; it is clear as an adult to realise it makes sense to do the straightforward questions first, but unless a child understands that each question carries the same mark, it is not necessarily clear to them.

However, a few guesses may not matter if she has done well on the questions she has answered, as historically speaking the pass mark in maths has been around 50% in previous years.

I hope she doesn't fret about it, and that it has gone well enough.

Did she find the other sections straightforward?

Thank you,

Tiffany
tiffany
Site Admin

Postby Zara » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:13 pm

Thanks Tiffany for your reply,
She thinks she answered them correctly,only 3 at the bottom were hard but the rest took time. So she thinks 17 are correct ,3 guesses and the top 5 were left blank. I am worried because the silly mistakes increases at the bottom especially they give expected answers ! Fingers crossed that the pass mark should be the same as every year.
Zara

Postby Zara » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:21 pm

She passed with flying colours !
Zara

Postby tiffany » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Fantastic! Please give her our congratulations!

Tiffany
tiffany
Site Admin

Postby Zara » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Thanks Tiffany :) :)
Zara

Return to Chat